Did you Know
- Childhood experiences provide the base for the brain's functioning and organizational development throughout life.They have a direct impact on how children develop learning skills as well as social and emotional abilities
- In 2015 Africa’s literacy level was estimated to be at 63%.
- In Kenya,1 in 4 children in Std 7 cannot read a Std 2 level book.
- Only two percent of schools in Kenya have libraries.
- Performing Arts and drama not only engages with the creative side of the brain, but also provides an ideal balance in a student’s patterns of study.
- Cultural expression is a way in which our children have the opportunity to celebrate the horisons, richness and depth of all forms of human expression. Creative expression allows students learn and comprehend our world better , making them better equipped to navigate the challenges they might be faced with upon graduating from secondary school.
- Children need books more so, storybooks to learn words. Words are like people; the more you meet them the more you get to know them.